Thursday 8 August 2013

iPad suspicions being confirmed



I've just finished reading a really reassuring post about the use of ipads.

iPad is right for PE article.

For me these are the simple, practical reasons iPads will quickly be part of our normal day-to-day teaching and not just a gimmick that appears for the sake of using them.

physedtech.org makes some good points on how an iPad can be used.  The sportshall is our classroom. We can't store folders, clipboards, stopwatches, books in our teaching space.  It just doesn't work with balls flying around & pupils scampering around 100mph.

So to have all of these additional necessary resources on one machine will be like having our very own Swiss Army knife.

The biggest danger is to remain stagnant and not move forward with the times.

I like the sound of the augmented reality apps and have had a quick play with - Bit Breaker  my first 'trial' being on my phone. I feel a bit of a plonker playing it but I know our pupils would love it.  I can also begin to se the potential with other scenarios such as tennis games, dance games etc.


....just need an ipad to try them out properly!  Roll on September.




No comments:

Post a Comment